General Information Help
Here are a few Password Best Practices:
- Always use a unique password for accessing Online / Mobile Banking.
- Do not use the same password that you use for email, social media, or other online services.
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters. Mixed case letters, numbers & special characters. The longer the better according to experts.
- Change your password a few times a year.
- Prohibit the use of "shared" usernames and passwords for online banking systems.
This permission is necessary as the Android App needs to access the SD card to store Mobile Deposit pictures and additional Contacts data for Popmoney transactions.
Storage - To know RAM available on device for App performance.
Your Location - This must be turned on for the Branch and ATM Locator to work.
Camera - For Mobile Deposit.
Contacts - To make Pop Money transactions direct from contact listing.
Phone Calls - To call Financial Institution direct from links on the App and detect for Onetime Passcode.
Network Communication - Transferring of data within the App activity.
System Tools - To have access to SD storage data in the event additional contacts are stored there.
Network Communication - To know if you’re on Wi-Fi/3G/4G for transferring data.
Your Account - To download the App and for the reporting purposes on the Developer Console.
Hardware Controls - For Remote Deposit Capture.
Here are a few simple tips to help protect your information as you bank on-the-go:
- Lock Your Phone – always secure your mobile device with a password. If your mobile device is ever lost or stolen, it will protect your private and secure information.
- Texting or email – be careful with your private information. Do not text or email any confidential information about
your account to the bank or elsewhere.
- Identity protection – never respond to a “phishing” text or email that requests your PIN, account number, or any
card information, and please remember that 1st Source will never request this information in this manner.
- Opening files – be cautious of opening unsolicited files, text messages, or applications, especially if they are received
from unknown sources.
- Application downloads – only download and install applications from reliable sources and report any banking
application that appears to be malicious to 1st Source right away.
- Connection & Log Out – only connect to the bank via a secure connection or a non-public Wi-Fi network and
remember to log out of Mobile Web and Mobile App when you are finished with your session.
- Bluetooth – disable Bluetooth, or set the Bluetooth status to hidden, until you want to share something.
- Monitor – monitor your accounts on a regular basis to detect unauthorized activity.
- Clear it - make sure to clear out all information from your mobile device before discarding.
- Lost or stolen phone – in the event that your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by
visiting the Mobile tab in Online Banking or by calling Customer Service at 800-513-2360.
- Personal Info - do not send your full personal information or full online banking credentials via e-mail or text
- Secure websites – look for security symbols such as an icon of a lock or an “https” in the URL.
- Public Wi-Fi – do not bank or shop online while on a mobile device when using unsecured, public Wi-Fi access.
- Call the carrier to report it and cancel service to the phone/tablet.
- Do a remote lock or data wipe via another device.
- Contact Customer Service 574-235-2000 and which will force all new logins through MFA