Your user privacy is important to us. This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how 1st Source Bank and our affiliates manage personal information about you when you interact with us online through our website and mobile application (“Site and Mobile App”).
This notice explains:
- How we collect personal information when you visit, use, or interact with us online, and through our ads displayed through online services operated by us or non-affiliated third parties
- How we may use or share personal information collected to deliver products and services to you
By using the Sites and Mobile App, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice. Please review this Notice to understand how your online personal information may be collected, used, and shared.
Updates to this Notice
This Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Notice, we will revise the last updated date on this page.
Our Online Privacy Practices
We are committed to transparency about your personal information. We ask for your consent when required, otherwise, by using our Site and Mobile App, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information subject to and consistent with applicable laws and other notices you may have received based on your relationship with us.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to non-affiliated third-party sites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated with or controlled by 1st Source Bank, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites and Mobile App. 1st Source Bank does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Protecting your personal information
To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure personal information remains confidential and secure. In the event of a data breach, we provide timely notification, in accordance with applicable laws. We also recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. Our Sites and Mobile App are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our Sites and Mobile App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Making sure personal information is accurate
Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date is very important. If your personal information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online, or other account materials. You can also speak to a customer representative at a banking center.\
Personal Information We Collect
How do we collect personal information online?
- Apply for or open a new account;
- Register for a new product or service, or request information about a product or service; or
- Complete a survey, contest or sweepstakes, or other promotion.
We may use service providers and vendors to process personal information for business purposes on our behalf. Service providers and vendors are contractually obligated to comply with our policies to protect the information we share with them or they collect on our behalf. The personal information we collect is limited to what is required to provide our products or services and to support legal and risk requirements. For additional information, please review the How do we use your personal information section of this Notice.
Types of personal information we collect online
The type of personal information we collect from and about you online will depend on how you interact with us and may include:
- Contact Information such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone, and mobile number(s).
- Account Application information such as credit and income information.
- Identifiers such as Social Security number, account number(s), driver’s license number (or comparable), or other information that identifies you for ordinary business purposes. •
- Access Authorization such as user ID, alias, PIN, and Passcode and security questions and answers.
- Information from your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other mobile devices, such as:
- Unique device identifiers (for example Media Access Control (MAC) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses).
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings. Information about how you use and interact with our Sites and Mobile App (for example – page visited or links clicked).
- Responses to advertisements on the Sites and Mobile App where we advertise.
- Log information such as your search and voice-to-text queries in the mobile app.
- Search engine referrals.
- Location information with consent, for example, ATM or financial center location, fraud prevention.
- The 1st Source Mobile App collects location data to enable Branch and ATM Locator even when the app is closed or not in use.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
How do we use your personal information?
Personal information collected from and about you online described in this Notice may be used for many purposes including:
- Delivering products and services to you by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); processing applications for products or services such as to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a retirement account, investment account or other financial product; processing transactions; finding nearby ATMs, financial centers, and other specialized location-based services near your location; and consolidating your financial account information at one online location with services such as My Portfolio® and My Financial Picture®.
- Personalizing your digital and mobile experience by enhancing overall Sites and Mobile App organization and design and analyze data to create relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Providing advertising on our Sites and Mobile App as well as non-affiliated third-party sites and through offline channels like financial centers, call centers, and direct marketing (for example email, mail, and phone).
- Detecting and preventing fraud, identity theft, and other risks to you or 1st Source Bank.
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies.
- Allowing you to use features within our Sites and Mobile App when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services that require such access, for example locating an ATM.
We retain personal information for a period of time as required by laws and regulations and the necessary business purpose.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share the personal information we collect from and about you online described in this Notice (and subject to other legal restrictions and notices you may have received depending on your relationship with us) with:
- Affiliates of 1st Source Bank
- Service Providers, Vendors, and Third-Party Providers who have contracts with 1st Source Bank
- Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations
Aggregated / De-identified information
Collected personal information may be aggregated and/or de-identified (we remove any details that identify you personally). We may share this aggregated and/or de-identified information with service providers, vendors, and third-party providers to help deliver products, services and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for our own business purposes where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
How to limit sharing
You have choices regarding the sharing of some personal information. Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your personal information based on your privacy choices. You can update your privacy choices by submitting the mail-in portion of the 1st Source Bank Privacy Notice.
Last updated March 2021