Starting or expanding your business? Get an SBA loan through 1st Source Bank.
1st Source Bank is a certified Preferred Small Business Administration Lender* Our significant experience allows us to help more business owners secure their loans quickly. We know how to navigate the application process and get the right option for you.
- 2021 Indiana SBA Community Lender 'Gold Level Award' winner
- Indiana SBA Community Lender ‘Gold Level Award’ winner 9 straight years (2013-2021)
Do business with a winner and start the process now. Click on one of the buttons below and we’ll get back to you within one business day or sooner.
- Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy. The federal government created the Small Business Administration in 1953 to fuel the growth and development of small businesses.
- The SBA ensures access to capital for eligible small businesses by partnering with a large network of financial institutions – including 1st Source Bank - to facilitate lending. The guaranty that an SBA loan carries with it is enough to approve a loan that may otherwise be considered “too risky” under conventional standards.
- To obtain an SBA loan, you must apply with a participating financial institution, such as 1st Source Bank.
There are many benefits of an SBA loan over a conventional business loan. Here are just a few:
- Extended repayment terms
SBA loans offer repayment terms generally longer than a conventional business loan. That can equal lower monthly payments and more cash for your business needs!
- Interest rate caps
The SBA limits the interest rate that a lender can charge you on an SBA loan. Rate limits vary by SBA product type and loan amount, but they are generally considered very favorable. A 1st Source SBA Specialist can assist you with determining the SBA interest rate limits prior to your loan application.
- Avoid pre-payment penalties
The SBA limits pre-payment penalties and, in many cases, disallows them altogether. Conventional business loans often come with some form of pre-payment penalty. SBA loans, on the other hand, limit pre-payment penalties to the first 3 years for loans that have a maturity at 15 years or more. For SBA loans that have a maturity less than 15 years there are NO pre-payment penalties with 1st Source Bank!
- No balloon payments or demand notes
The SBA ONLY allows balloons to exist in association with working capital lines of credit, and prohibits them with any term loan utilizing an SBA guaranty. The SBA also sets standards for how troubled loans are handled, which provides some protection to the borrower.
A demand note allows the lender to issue a maturity at any time during the loan. These types of loans are generally issued for the same reasons as balloon options are issued and can have similar consequences to the borrower. A loan with an SBA guaranty prohibits demand notes, adding one more level of protection and predictability.
You need a banker who keeps your best interests in mind and provides straight talk and sound advice.
- Because the SBA program parameters are complex and prone to frequent change, you want a lender that can expertly navigate programs; one who can choose the best program to meet your small business needs.
- You need a banker who keeps your best interests in mind and provides you straight talk and sound advice.
- SBA preferred lenders like 1st Source Bank have a high level of experience and positive track record of facilitating the SBA’s specialized programs.
- Many lenders are required to submit SBA loans to the Small Business Administration for a second underwriting. Our status as a preferred lender allows nearly all of our loan applications to bypass that step, which translates into faster turnaround time on loan decisions. In fact, our SBA loan process typically takes no more than two business days longer than a conventional business loan.
*Approved to offer SBA loan products under SBA’s (Preferred Lender/Express; Lender/Certified; or Lender/Microloan) programs.