Fraud Monitor ... A free detection service designed to combat debit card fraud
Fraud Monitor identifies uncharacteristic debit account purchases and activity on all 1st Source Resource® Plus debit cards. If activity on your card appears suspicious, Fraud Monitor will call you at the primary telephone number you have on record with 1st Source to determine if you have authorized the transaction. You can respond by touch-tone keypad, or call a toll-free number for more information.
What will Fraud Monitor do? If a transaction on your card is not typical, this is what you can expect:
- An automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- You can validate charges via your touch-tone keypad.
- If the transaction is not yours, Fraud Monitor will help stop further fraud.
- You will also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions or wish to speak to a fraud analyst.
- If you are not available, a message will be left for you to call Fraud Monitor.
- If extreme risk is detected, a restriction may be placed on the use of your card until transactions are verified.
What will Fraud Monitor not do?
Neither Fraud Monitor, nor 1st Source will request your account number, debit card number, password or PIN. However, if you call Fraud Monitor, we will need a way to confirm your identity. If we call you, our automated service will ask for the ZIP code on record with your account. If you call us, we may ask for the last four digits of your social security number or your address before we can move on to verify your transactions.
What do you need to do?
- Please keep us informed of your correct phone numbers (home, work, and cell) and address at all times. Let us know which number should be used as your primary phone number.
- Notify us if your debit card or cell phone has been lost or stolen.
- If you are planning to travel outside of the United States, alert your local 1st Source banking center, to ensure that your debit card transactions are approved.
Our goal, quite simply, is to protect your account at 1st Source and minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. Learn more about protecting yourself from fraud.
If you have a lost or stolen Resource® or Resource Plus® Card to report during regular business hours, please call (574) 235-2000. During non-business hours, if you are in the United States, please call (800) 472-3272. International callers should call collect, (973) 682-2652.