Welcome to Michiana! Whether you are an international grad-student, visiting faculty, or a family member of a student or faculty, we understand how busy this time can be for you. Let us help you manage your financial affairs online and on campus.
We’re Always Nearby
- On Campus: If you are moving to the area to study at one of our educational institutions, or perhaps to do research, or teach, we have banking centers on campus at both University of Notre Dame, and Indiana University-South Bend campuses.
- In the Community: In addition to our on-campus locations, 1st Source has more banking centers throughout the area than any other financial institution. Help is always nearby, no matter where you live!
Your Account is Always At Your Fingertips
Your account information is as close as your computer or smartphone. All of our accounts offer the following services:
- Online/ mobile and text banking: In addition to many other fantastic electronic services, our online/ mobile banking offers you the ability to check your balance, transfer funds between 1st Source accounts, pay bills, and even deposit checks using the camera on your smartphone. Normal data rates and separate terms and conditions may apply.
- Resource Plus® Card: Make cash withdrawals from any of our conveniently located ATMs or use your debit card anywhere Mastercard® is accepted, including online transactions!
Applying Online & Opening Your Account
To ensure that your 1st Source Bank account is ready to go when you arrive, please take note of the following information as you navigate our user-friendly application:
- Be sure to check the box that you are an international client. This will allow you to select the school you will be attending. If your school is not on the list, choose “Other”
- If you do not have a US Social Security Number (SSN)/ Taxpayer ID Number (TIN), please enter “999-99-9999” in the Social Security/Taxpayer ID field.
- Make sure you provide your correct email address. We’ll use this to follow up with you about steps to complete your account opening process after you apply.
- Please enter your current address. If you are already living on/ near campus, you may use your local address, otherwise please enter your address for where you currently live. Please don’t use campus department addresses.
- The online application includes disclosures for your new account. Please save these disclosures for reference about your new account.
- We will follow up with you by email about additional information and documents we’ll need you to complete.
- This includes documentation to verify your identity, tax status, and non-US address.
- You can choose to mail or secure email this documentation back to us.
- To keep your funds secure, your account will be closed to debits/withdrawals until you arrive on campus and complete the account set up at your campus banking center.
- Once you arrive, please visit a banking center near you. If you aren’t sure where one is, please visit the Locations page on our website or you may contact our customer service center at 574-235-2000 during normal business hours for assistance in finding one near you.
- Please bring the following with you to the banking center:
- US Address
- US telephone number, if applicable
- If you did not already make your first deposit into your account, you can do so at this time.