Safeguarding your personal information
Hackers around the world are using new technology and software to steal online credentials. Our online banking vendor has strong security measures in place to prevent our vulnerability to this type of attack, but it's always wise to take steps to safeguard your information. Follow these five easy steps to keep your online accounts safe, secure and protected.
- Create a strong password. With a strong password your account is more difficult to hack. Use uppercase and lowercase letters, plus use numbers and symbols. This adds a layer of protection and makes your password stronger. Also, don’t select a password that anyone close to you might guess.
- Use different passwords for each account. At the very least, be sure your email password is different than your bank account password.
- Change your passwords regularly. Experts recommend you change your passwords every 30-90 days.
- Create a “security question” that only you would know.
- Keep your anti-virus software up to date and scan regularly.
For more information on keeping your accounts safe, visit the 1st Source Security Center.