Buying or refinancing a home is one of the most important and complex financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. It's important to be smart and make the right decisions when you begin the home buying process.
Follow these simple steps from our Homebuyers Guide
and you will be on your way to being a homeowner.
- Determine how much house you can afford. Organize your finances, develop a budget and use our mortgage calculators to find answers to all of your financing questions.
- Familiarize yourself with the types of mortgages available, rates, and the amount of down payment you'll need.
- Work with your lender to get preapproved for a mortgage.
- Find the home of your dreams. You may want to consider working with a real estate agent you know and trust.
- When you're ready, make an offer. Be prepared to negotiate until you arrive at an agreement.
- Obtain homeowners insurance.
- Close your loan. Once you've closed your loan, you are ready to unpack and enjoy being a homeowner!
Remember, buying a home doesn't have to be difficult. Just make sure you research your options and can make decisions that are right for you.