1st Source Insurance's Kevin Yaeger earns Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Certification
Kevin Yaeger with 1st Source Insurance is now certified by The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) for completing their professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Yaeger completed the intensive continuing education course to receive the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA. He is well versed in the requirements of the new law and is prepared to counsel clients on the upcoming required healthcare changes and the new options for health plans.
“By taking this course, Yaeger has joined an elite group who is uniquely qualified to assist clients in complying with the new law,” said NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein. “He understands how the market is likely to change over the next few years, and is in the perfect position to advise families and businesses in planning for the future.”
“Here at 1st Source Insurance we focus on offering our clients straight talk and sound advice,” said Yaeger. “Being a Certified Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Professional will allow me to give the best advice possible when it comes to your employee’s insurance needs.”
Topics of study included:
- Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
- Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
- Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
- Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
- Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implicationsW-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
- Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
- Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
- Employer pay or play
- Self-insured plans