You can send money to friends, family and people you know2. We recommend you ask people to enroll with Zelle before you send them money – this will help them get your payment more quickly1.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number. Zelle should not be used to send money to people you don’t know or to purchase goods.
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select your bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification – you should enroll in Zelle with that email address or U.S. mobile number to ensure you receive your money.
Money sent with Zelle is typically available to an enrolled person within minutes1. Ask your friends and family to enroll with Zelle before you send them money – this will help them get your payment more quickly.
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, it may take between 1 and 3 business days for your recipient to receive their first payment. This is a security feature of Zelle designed to protect you when you’re sending or receiving money with Zelle. Once their first payment completes, your recipient will be able to receive future payments faster, typically within minutes1.
If it has been more than three days, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number. If you’re waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you’ve received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please call your bank’s customer support.
- Recipients must be enrolled with Zelle® to receive their money. Check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
- If the sender entered an incorrect email address or U.S. mobile number, ask them to contact their financial institution's customer support team for help.
- If the sender entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile number and their account has been debited, ask the sender to call their financial institution's customer support team for assistance locating the payment.
- If the sender's financial institution does NOT offer Zelle and they used the Zelle app to send you money, ask them to contact Zelle support.
- If the person has not yet enrolled with Zelle®, you can try to cancel the payment. To check whether the payment is still pending, go to your Zelle activity page in the 1st Source Mobile App, find your transaction to see if it is still listed and pending, and if so, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select "Cancel This Payment."
- If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled.
- If the payment is no longer pending, call/text message/email the person you accidentally sent money to and ask them to send the money back.
- If you are a 1st Source Customer and aren't able to get your money back, please call us at 574-235-2000 so we can help you. If you are not a 1st Source Customer, you will need to contact Zelle.