General Information Help
Here are a few Password Best Practices:
- Always use a unique password for accessing Online / Mobile Banking.
- Do not use the same password that you use for email, social media, or other online services.
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters. Mixed case letters, numbers & special characters. The longer the better according to experts.
- Change your password a few times a year.
- Prohibit the use of "shared" usernames and passwords for online banking systems.
Storage - To know RAM available on device for App performance.
Your Location - This must be turned on for the Branch and ATM Locator to work.
Camera - For Mobile Deposit.
Contacts - To make Zelle® transactions direct from contact listing.
Phone Calls - To call Financial Institution direct from links on the App and detect for Onetime Passcode.
Network Communication - Transferring of data within the App activity.
System Tools - To have access to SD storage data in the event additional contacts are stored there.
Network Communication - To know if you’re on Wi-Fi/3G/4G for transferring data.
Your Account - To download the App and for the reporting purposes on the Developer Console.
Hardware Controls - For Remote Deposit Capture.
Here are a few simple tips to help protect your information as you bank on-the-go:
- Lock Your Phone – always secure your mobile device with a password. If your mobile device is ever lost or stolen, it will protect your private and secure information.
- Texting or email – be careful with your private information. Do not text or email any confidential information about
your account to the bank or elsewhere.
- Identity protection – never respond to a “phishing” text or email that requests your PIN, account number, or any
card information, and please remember that 1st Source will never request this information in this manner.
- Opening files – be cautious of opening unsolicited files, text messages, or applications, especially if they are received
from unknown sources.
- Application downloads – only download and install applications from reliable sources and report any banking
application that appears to be malicious to 1st Source right away.
- Connection & Log Out – only connect to the bank via a secure connection or a non-public Wi-Fi network and
remember to log out of Mobile Web and Mobile App when you are finished with your session.
- Bluetooth – disable Bluetooth, or set the Bluetooth status to hidden, until you want to share something.
- Monitor – monitor your accounts on a regular basis to detect unauthorized activity.
- Clear it - make sure to clear out all information from your mobile device before discarding.
- Lost or stolen phone – in the event that your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by
visiting the Mobile tab in Online Banking or by calling Customer Service at 800-513-2360.
- Personal Info - do not send your full personal information or full online banking credentials via e-mail or text
- Secure websites – look for security symbols such as an icon of a lock or an “https” in the URL.
- Public Wi-Fi – do not bank or shop online while on a mobile device when using unsecured, public Wi-Fi access.
- Call the carrier to report it and cancel service to the phone/tablet.
- Do a remote lock or data wipe via another device.
- Contact Customer Service 574-235-2000 and which will force all new logins through MFA
Face ID must be enabled on your device first.
- Go to Settings > 1st Source
- Allow 1st Source to access Face ID
- Log in to the 1st Source Mobile App
- You should have a prompt to select "Use Face ID" > authenticate Face ID