I'm having trouble adding an account to Money Management.
There are many types of online banking accounts, and not all are compatible with common aggregation methods. Money Management utilizes multiple aggregation sources and uses an aggregation engine to provide the best possible coverage, but when an unsupported institution is encountered, a manual account can be created in the Accounts View.
Here are some tips:
- Check all the available account types listed under an institution when you search. Sometimes mortgage, savings, credit card, etc. accounts are listed separately. You might also have to search for the specific account (i.e., "Bank of America mortgage," as opposed to just "Bank of America").
- Verify your username and password with your institution to ensure your credentials haven't expired. Sometimes signing in can unlock a frozen account connection.
- Turn off complicated security preferences (such as CAPTCHA and picture passwords) on your institution's site.
- Allow your institution to accept third-party access by changing the preferences on their site.
- Make sure you aren't simultaneously logged in to your institution's site on another tab or browser.
- Make sure the software isn't waiting for your response to a security question.
- If a connection breaks, you may have to enter your credentials again.
- If these suggestions don't apply to your situation, please use the "Submit a Support Request" within Money Management.
Note: To manually add an account, click Add an Account and then click Add Manual Account at the bottom of the screen.