Direct Selling Basics
To be a successful direct sales professional, you must identify your target market and devise a strategy to tackle it. This means understanding what goes into various marketing approaches, good customer relationship policies, Internet options and a range of other subjects. The articles in this section offer a wealth of information on these topics - and much more
Customers, Sales, Networking and Training
The following articles outline a range of direct-sales tools and techniques in a clear, jargon-free format.
- Great Sales Techniques Focus on Customer Satisfaction - Learn the fine points of cultivating strong customer relationships - a key element in shoring up the bottom line.
- Social Media: Boost Direct Sales Results - With a bit of knowledge and a great deal of consistency, social media marketing produces real results.
- Network with a Purpose - Joining a community service group enhances outcomes from traditional networking channels.
- Sales Staff Training: Clear Communication is Key - Use a systematic training model to help employees achieve excellence in every phase of the sales process.
- The Right Distribution Model for Your Business - Learn how the three-level traditional distribution model can work effectively in your business.
- The Art of Customer Relationships - Business owners must implement good CRM practices to succeed in today's highly competitive marketplace.
The sales process rides on a strong customer service plan. Key elements are thorough staff training, adequate customer incentives and well-placed promotions.
- Fundamentals of Sales Staff Training - A good training program begins with a motivated staff - potentially a key differentiator from the competition.
- Smart Questions Pinpoint What the Customer Wants - The best way to learn what your customers really think about how you do business is to ask the right questions.
- The Perfect Product Marketing Mix in a Few Easy Steps - Special promotions get customers to a company's doors. Strong sales tactics coupled with on-site advertising keep them inside.
- Well-Timed Sales Boost Profits - A few simple strategies can help you sell your wares within the framework of your brand and image.
Use an organized strategy to create and implement the best telemarketing system for your business.
- Telemarketing Done Right - A well-designed telemarketing program can yield a two-pronged benefit: increased sales and greater customer service opportunities.
- Keep Your Telemarketing in House - In-house telemarketing functions allow direct control of callers and telemarketing staff.
- Use Common Sense to Outsource Telemarketing - Today's telemarketing firms can be both affordable and productive. Better yet, outsourcing this task leaves owners free to focus on core business.
- Train Competent, Confident Telemarketers - An effective telemarketing team uses superior listening and speaking skills to understand - and solve - customer problems.
- Lead Acquisition: Be Careful Who You Call - Dialing numbers on the federal Do Not Call list can mean significant fines and real damage to your business reputation.
Barter services can help you acquire needed supplies and equipment without spending hard-earned revenues.
- Could Your Company Benefit from a Barter System? - A credible barter program can improve cash flow and save money - whether you're an entrepreneurial novice or a seasoned business owner.