Corporate Management Training Program
Who We Are:
At 1st Source, integrity is at the heart of everything we do. Since 1863, we have been dedicated to providing outstanding service to our clients and the community. We have adhered to strong, basic lending principles, allowing us to maintain a strong financial standing. 1st Source is appropriately reserved, is well capitalized and is adding clients every day.
We are a top rated bank and have been recognized for our integrity and the exceptional services we provide to our clients.
Why 1st Source:
- We are distinctively convenient and provide straight talk and sound advice to every client. We always keep our clients' best interests in mind.
About the Program:
The Corporate Management Training Program is designed to prepare candidates for relationship management roles in retail or business banking. It includes 12 months of extensive, hands-on training in the Retail and Credit areas of the organization, along with various training sessions (classroom and online) through Learning and Development.
When selecting candidates for our rigorous Corporate Management Training Program, we look for the following:
- Proven leader with a bachelor’s degree
- Well rounded background with active involvement and leadership in school and/or activities in the communities we serve
- Prior internship in banking or other financial institutions is helpful
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service focus
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proven judgment and decision making capabilities
- Ability to lead, support and motivate teams and individuals
- Strong teamwork based upon mutual respect, responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrated creative thinking and ability to adapt to change
- High level of initiative and motivation
- A passion for serving customers by being readily accessible, attentive, respectful and responsive
- Highly developed aptitude for quantitative and analytical thinking
- Respectful, conscientious and dedicated performer
- Enthusiasm, energy and the drive to succeed
- Resilient, adaptable and results-oriented
- Positive, outgoing, and professional attitude
- Integrity when delivering our products and services to our customers
- A passion for completing any task with a high level of quality
- Listening to people and paying attention to what they need and want
- Being thoroughly professional in every transaction and knowing as much as possible about our business and our customers' businesses
- Understanding that we are in a partnership with our customers and that our progress depends on theirs
What You Will Experience:
- Exposure to key areas of the bank and how they integrate to serve our customers
- Learn all aspects of running a branch, small business banking, and intricacies of investment products and services
- Understand how back office operations work with other areas of the bank
- Understand competitive analysis on product offerings and marketplace positioning
- Network with individuals in key relationship management roles in the bank such as credit and retail to learn more about the services we offer across the bank and how we provide them to our customers
Expertise You Will Acquire:
- A broad understanding of the banking and financial services industry
- Enhanced analytical, decision making, communication and leadership skills
- Business partnering skills that will enable you to become a future, trusted advisor to our customers
- The ability to present ideas, formally and informally, and make recommendations based upon analysis
- Excellent networking skills
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have opportunities for initial job placement based on business needs, the skills you demonstrate, and your interests and performance during the program.
1st Source offers a competitive base salary and benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) and paid time off upon eligibility.
For more information, contact Human Resources at (574) 235‑2605
Current Career Opportunities
1st Source Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer